Ecuadorian Designer and Poster Artist born in Ibarra city. He studied Design and Visual Communication.
The main focus of his work is the Concept, the same one that determines the aesthetics of each proposal, where the technique empowers this concept in order to capture looks and detonate consciences.
Some of the awards obtained include: 4 Golden awarded by the prestigious international publisher Graphis Inc. founded in 1944 in Zurich, Switzerland, currently based in New York City, which annually awards the best works presented in graphic design, advertising, photography, typography, branding, among other categories.
In 2011 his poster entitled “Bad Signs” was recognized as one of the 10 best from among 2780 works submitted from around the world for the Poster for Tomorrow project in Paris, France whose theme was The Right to Education as part of an activity called “A Day for Tomorrow”, which celebrates the anniversary of the Declaration of Human Rights with an exhibition that took place in several countries as well: Austria, Bolivia, Botswana, Canada, Colombia, Congo, Ecuador, France, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, India, Lebanon, Mexico, Morocco, Pakistan, Peru, Qatar, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United States and Venezuela. This allowed it to form part of the permanent collection of prestigious design museums, among which it is worth mentioning:
The Lahti Poster Museum – Lahti, Finland
Les Arts Decoratifs – Paris, France
Wilanów Poster Museum – Warsaw, Poland
Graphic Design Museum – Breda, The Netherlands
Victoria and Albert Museum – London, United Kingdom
To date, it has received 37 international awards, has participated in more than 300 collective poster exhibitions around the world, has a traveling solo exhibition as part of the Ecuador Poster Bienal First Edition; also has been selected in Biennials and Triennials of Design and Poster in different countries such as: Poland, Belgium, Japan, China, Finland, Mexico, United States, Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Peru, Bolivia, Cuba and Ecuador.
ROLE OF JURY
• COW 2021 DESIGN BIENNALE. Ukraine
• The “Golden Turtle” International Wildlife Festival
• Pre-selection Jury in The 7th International Reggae Poster Contest
• Ecuador Poster Bienal – International Jury and in the Category E with the theme: Visit Ecuador
• Poster for ________ . International Poster Competition
• Escucha Mi Voz . Theme: “TURN A LIGHT ON”
• Poster for Tomorrow – Online Jury. Theme: Make Extremism History
• Ecuador Poster Bienal – International Jury and in the Category “Ser Ecuatoriano”
• International SAMSUN Poster Competition
• Poster for Tomorrow – Online Jury. Theme: Work Right!
• Selection jury in the Project Gráfica por la Infancia/UNICEF – Finland / ITAE / La Factoría – Ecuador. Organized by Aalto University. Finland
• Making Posters. Author: Scott Laserow & Natalia Delgado, Ph.D. by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
• Typography4 – Typeface Design 2018. Graphis Inc. New York, USA
• Art Book – International Poster Contest Escucha Mi Voz Editions 2017-2018. Mexico
• El Quiteño. Illustrations about Quito on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of its declaration as a Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. Editorial Paradocs. Secretariat of Culture of Quito
• Kermanshah Earthquake art works. Iran
• Ficciones Typografika book. Formist Editions. Australia
• “15 Days” – Illustrated Magazine for Art and Culture. Zagreb, Croatia
• The Design of Dissent – Expanded Edition by Milton Glaser & Mirko Ilić
• Poster Annual 2018. Graphis Inc. New York, USA
• Typography Day 2017 Theme ‘Typography and Diversity’. Colombo, Sri Lanka
• Poster Annual 2017. Graphis Inc. New York, USA
• 1000 Crayons for the Freedom of Expression. Tribute to Charlie Hebdo. Paris, France
• Graphis Social & Political Protest Posters Winners. New York, USA
• Winning Works of the QuadAward – International Design Award. Kassel, Germany
• Memories of the “Feriado Bancario en Cuento y Caricatura”. Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Ecuador
• “A Tribute to Celebrities” (Logos of Celebrities) Author: Pedro Guitton. Editorial: Index Book. Spain
• The best Posters of the Contest “La Mirada de Nosotros – Latinoamérica Hoy” 2nd Latin American Meeting of Design UP (University of Palermo) Buenos Aires, Argentina
• 3rd Edition Noveno Arte Magazine. Winning Works of the “Tercer Concurso Nacional y Colegial de Comic y Manga” organized by Club Ichiban. Quito, Ecuador.