Ecuadorian Designer and Poster Artist born in Ibarra city. He studied Design and Visual Communication.
The main focus of his work is the Concept, the same one that determines the aesthetics of each proposal, where the technique empowers this concept in order to capture looks and detonate consciences.
Some of the awards obtained include: 4 Golden awarded by the prestigious international publisher Graphis Inc. founded in 1944 in Zurich, Switzerland, currently based in New York City, which annually awards the best works presented in graphic design, advertising, photography, typography, branding, among other categories.
In 2011 his poster entitled “Bad Signs” was recognized as one of the 10 best from among 2780 works submitted from around the world for the Poster for Tomorrow project in Paris, France whose theme was The Right to Education as part of an activity called “A Day for Tomorrow”, which celebrates the anniversary of the Declaration of Human Rights with an exhibition that took place in several countries as well: Austria, Bolivia, Botswana, Canada, Colombia, Congo, Ecuador, France, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, India, Lebanon, Mexico, Morocco, Pakistan, Peru, Qatar, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United States and Venezuela. This allowed it to form part of the permanent collection of prestigious design museums, among which it is worth mentioning:
The Lahti Poster Museum – Lahti, Finland
Les Arts Decoratifs – Paris, France
Wilanów Poster Museum – Warsaw, Poland
Graphic Design Museum – Breda, The Netherlands
Victoria and Albert Museum – London, United Kingdom
To date, it has received 41 international awards, has participated in more than 300 collective poster exhibitions around the world, has a traveling solo exhibition as part of the Ecuador Poster Bienal First Edition; also has been selected in Biennials and Triennials of Design and Poster in different countries such as: Poland, Belgium, Japan, China, Finland, Mexico, United States, Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Peru, Bolivia, Cuba and Ecuador.
ROLE OF JURY
• Intercontinental Jury of the Poster Stellars 2022 contest. New Jersey, USA
• “What Unites Us 3” as part of “April 27, World Design Day” organized by Giresun University Görele Faculty of Fine Arts. Turkey
• COW 2021 DESIGN BIENNALE. Ukraine
• The “Golden Turtle” International Wildlife Festival
• Pre-selection Jury in The 7th International Reggae Poster Contest
• Ecuador Poster Bienal – International Jury and in the Category E with the theme: Visit Ecuador
• Poster for ________ . International Poster Competition
• Escucha Mi Voz . Theme: “TURN A LIGHT ON”
• Poster for Tomorrow – Online Jury. Theme: Make Extremism History
• Ecuador Poster Bienal – International Jury and in the Category “Ser Ecuatoriano”
• International SAMSUN Poster Competition
• Poster for Tomorrow – Online Jury. Theme: Work Right!
• Selection jury in the Project Gráfica por la Infancia/UNICEF – Finland / ITAE / La Factoría – Ecuador. Organized by Aalto University. Finland
• Making Posters. Author: Scott Laserow & Natalia Delgado, Ph.D. by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
• Typography4 – Typeface Design 2018. Graphis Inc. New York, USA
• Art Book – International Poster Contest Escucha Mi Voz Editions 2017-2018. Mexico
• El Quiteño. Illustrations about Quito on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of its declaration as a Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. Editorial Paradocs. Secretariat of Culture of Quito
• Kermanshah Earthquake art works. Iran
• Ficciones Typografika book. Formist Editions. Australia
• “15 Days” – Illustrated Magazine for Art and Culture. Zagreb, Croatia
• The Design of Dissent – Expanded Edition by Milton Glaser & Mirko Ilić
• Poster Annual 2018. Graphis Inc. New York, USA
• Typography Day 2017 Theme ‘Typography and Diversity’. Colombo, Sri Lanka
• Poster Annual 2017. Graphis Inc. New York, USA
• 1000 Crayons for the Freedom of Expression. Tribute to Charlie Hebdo. Paris, France
• Graphis Social & Political Protest Posters Winners. New York, USA
• Winning Works of the QuadAward – International Design Award. Kassel, Germany
• Memories of the “Feriado Bancario en Cuento y Caricatura”. Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Ecuador
• “A Tribute to Celebrities” (Logos of Celebrities) Author: Pedro Guitton. Editorial: Index Book. Spain
• The best Posters of the Contest “La Mirada de Nosotros – Latinoamérica Hoy” 2nd Latin American Meeting of Design UP (University of Palermo) Buenos Aires, Argentina
• 3rd Edition Noveno Arte Magazine. Winning Works of the “Tercer Concurso Nacional y Colegial de Comic y Manga” organized by Club Ichiban. Quito, Ecuador.
• Golden Token in the Calanca Switzerland Biennale 2023
• Honorable Mention in the Designers for Peace Competition. Graphis Inc. New York, USA
• Nominated – Oceans Design Competition 2022. Poster category. South Korea
• JURY’S DIPLOMA in the fifth All-Russian poster contest “STRENGTH IN UNITY!” of the project “Russia. The Third Path”
• “Coup de Coeur du public” 14e Triennale Internationale de l’affiche politique. Mons, Belgium
• Gold Award. Competition Social&Political Protest Posters 2. Graphis Inc. New York, USA
• Golden Bee Award in the Golden Bee 14 Global Biennale of Graphic Design Category Supershort Video. Moscow, Russia
• Excellence Award in the 2020 KICD International Invitational Exhibition with the theme New Normal Era Design, organized by the Korea Institute of Cultural Product & Design in South Korea
• Top 10 in the Calanca Switzerland Biennale 2021
• Laureate in UNOVIS XXI Century International Poster Contest. Professional category of the Exhibition Shortlist. Russia
• Excellent Award in the International Poster Biennale for Peace Nanjing, China
• 2nd Prize “Leonardo da Vinci” in the XII Florence Biennale of Art & Design. Communication and Graphic Design Category. Italy
• Jury Diploma in The Fourth Open All-Russia Poster Competition “Russia. The Third Path”
• One of the Winners of the STA 100 (Society of Typographic Arts) Chicago, USA
• One of the Winners of the Creative Quarterly The Journal of Art & Design edition 57 (CQ57) in the Professional Illustration Category. Brooklyn, New York, USA
• Distinction for the animated poster “LET THE GAME BEGIN” in the LAG Poster Contest. Poland
• First Place on International Competition for poster designers “Smile Everywhere 4 everyone” organized by Red Cross of City Skopje, supported by the association of graphic designers “Plakart” and City of Skopje in Macedonia
• Honorary distinction in the 4th International Poster Contest about Typography and Printing. Crete, Greece
• Third Place of International poster contest dedicated to the 200th anniversary of Karl Marx. Russia
• Gold Award. Typography4 – Typeface Design 2018. Graphis Inc. New York, USA
• Third Prize in The Third Open All-Russian Posters Competition “Russia. The Third Path” 2017
• Certificate of Merit of the General Director of the State Nature Conservancy of the Slovak republic in the Poster Triennial EKOPLAGAT 2017. Žilina, Slovakia
• Gold Award. Poster Annual 2018. Graphis Inc. New York, USA
• One of the Winners in the International Poster Competition of the event Typography Day 2017 with the theme ‘Typography and Diversity’. Colombo, Sri Lanka
• Gold Award. Poster Annual 2017. Graphis Inc. New York, USA
• First Prize in the FINI 2016 (International Image Contest) Category Professional Poster. Pachuca, Mexico
• Honorable Mention in The 6th International Biennial of Socio-Political Poster in Oświęcim, Poland
• Honorable Mention in The 8th Eco Poster Exhibition Stress and Depression. Poland
• Gold Award in the TIGDA (Taiwan International Graphic Design Award) Category Poster Type A. Taipei, China.
• Silver Prize. Competition Social&Political Protest Posters. Graphis Inc. New York, USA
• Honourable Mention in the International Poster Competition “World without Violence” in Tehran, Iran
• Honorable Mention. China – Italy International Design Week “THE EVOLVING SILK ROAD”. Firenze, Italy.
• 1st Prize in the Occupational Safety Poster Competition, 23rd Edition “Computer World”. CIOP-PIB in Warsaw, Poland
• Bronze Award in the AGDIE (Asian Graphic Design Invitation Exhibition) South Korea
• Special Mention in the GRAPHISME DANS LA RUE / CONCOURS INTERNATIONAL D’AFFICHES. France
• One of the Winners in the QuadAward. Category Typography. Kassel, Germany
• Second Place in the COW International Design Festival. Category COWposter in Ukraine
• Second Place in the International Competition “Shouts to View” for Animal Dignity. Bogotá, Colombia
• Bronze Prize in the 10th International Poster Triennial in Toyama, Japan
• Honorable Mention in the 12th International Poster Biennial in Mexico (IPBM)
• Selected among the best 10 posters of Poster for Tomorrow project. Paris, France.