- This event has passed.
NON ARCHITECTURE AWARD 2022
June 21, 2022 - January 31, 2023
Non Architecture launches an award to honor those unbuilt and rebuildable projects, either because they were designed to stay as such or because their innovative charge brought them into the realm of the unpractical. We want to reward their innovative and experimental character with an award organized in 3 categories – Architecture & Interior, Urban & Landscape, and Aspatial & Virtual.
By recognizing remarkable achievements in architecture, we intend to highlight exemplary projects that serve as inspiration for practitioners. Equally important, these awards elevate the potential for the positive impact that an exploratory approach to architecture has on the profession’s future.
The award is open to student works, conceptual designs, competition entries, research & speculative initiatives of all sorts. Projects can have an exploratory or critical purpose as long as they were not designed with the primary goal of being built.
- URBAN&LANDSCAPE – Projects can include not only gardens and parks, but any urban or master plan dedicated to the long-term connections between buildings, nature, infrastructure, social and economic conditions, environments, and future development. Submit projects that contribute to urban development and change.
- ARCHITECTURE&INTERIOR – Projects can include residential, commercial, cultural, hospitality, institutional, sports & recreation, transportation, or temporary structures.
- ASPATIAL&VIRTUAL – Projects can include abstract and conceptual ideas with no physical representation, such as utopian projects, projects for digital platforms, tools or devices, process-oriented projects, participatory processes, or even gaming and digital simulations.
Non Architecture Award is open to all human beings from every age and cultural background, working in groups or individually. The registration fee is paid per project, separately for each category, regardless of how many people participated in the design.
Non Architecture will award 1 winner and 9 honourable mentions for each category, selected by the jurors collectively.
- WINNER (3 Prizes in total / 1 in each category)
- Non Architecture Trophy (1 Trophy)
- Digital and physical Non Architecture Award certificate
If the project was developed by a group of individuals, the certificate will be made for each individual, if developed by one or more organizations, it will be made for each organization.
- Exclusive use of the Non Architecture Award logo
- Publication on the Non Architecture website
- Reviews in digital magazines and several architecture blogs
06 – 31 October 2022 – Special registration period (10€*).
01 – 30 November – Early registration period (15€*).
01 – 31 December – Regular registration period (20€*).
01 – 31 January 2023 – Late registration period (25€*).
31 January 2023, 11:59 PM – Submission closes.
01 – 05 March 2023 – Winner’s announcement.
* +22% VAT.
The timing always refers to Central European Time (CET). To avoid confusion, please check the countdown on the award page.