- In categories A, B, and C, only professionals dedicated to design, photography, visual arts, communication and related practices may participate.
- Categories D and E will be dedicated to students and recent graduates, with an age limit of 30 years old by the closing date of the call for entries, while category F will only be open to students of design, advertising, communication, plastic arts and related fields.
- In the case of category A, only posters published between MAY 2020 and MAY 2022 will be contenders. While the rest of the categories must have unpublished posters, made for the categories in which they participate, according to their respective specifications.
- Published posters must be postmarked.
- Participants may submit, for the consideration of the selection committee, a maximum of FOUR POSTERS OR POSTER SERIES, including all the categories that correspond to them as professionals or students in the entire call for entries.
- Online registration will open to the public at www.bienalcartel.org, on January 31, 2022.
- The call closes on JUNE 30, 2022, with no extension.
- The technical specifications of the digital files to be entered in the competition must be:
IN HIGH RESOLUTION
Size: 100 cm high (vertical) or 100 cm wide (horizontal).
Resolution: 300 DPI
Format type: JPG
- Category A will require the submission of 2 printed copies of the first edition of your poster, as well as the high resolution files.
- All printed posters submitted must be affixed with micropore (not with glue or diurex, double-sided or any other type of tape) a printed copy of the carefully filled out participation form, which must be placed in the lower right hand corner of the back of the poster. The participation form will be generated and can be downloaded at the time of online registration.
- Posters should be sent, with no declared commercial value, as follows:
By postal mail, private courier or personal delivery to the following address:
Bienal Internacional del Cartel en México A.C.
Álvaro Obregón 73, Col. Roma, C.P. 06700
Alcaldía Cuauhtémoc, CDMX
Monday to Friday / 10-16h
- Due to the care of the presentation quality, damaged posters will not be accepted; it is suggested to take care of their packaging.
- The results of the finalists, in the different categories of the 17BICM, will be published on the website: www.bienalcartel.org and social networks: @bienalcartel, on Wednesday, September 14, 2022.
- The international jury, in person, will evaluate the finalist works in the different categories during the last week of October 2022 and will announce the awards for each of them at the awards ceremony and opening of the exhibition, which will take place at the Franz Mayer Museum on Thursday, October 27 at 19:30 hrs.
PRIZES FOR EACH CATEGORY.
First prize: 100,000 MXN (One hundred thousand Mexican pesos). Gold medal and diploma.
Second prize: Silver medal and diploma.
Third prize: Bronze medal and diploma.
- The economic prize and medals will be awarded directly by the organizers of each category, while the BICM will award the diplomas signed by the international jury.
“JOSÉ GUADALUPE POSADA” MEDAL OF EXCELLENCE 2022.
- The international jury will award the Gold Medal for Excellence “José Guadalupe Posada” to an active creator, or to a participating institution or country that has been characterized by its contributions to the development of graphic design in Mexico.